Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What are the rates for electrician in UK?

Hello! I live in Berkshire (just saying because I know rates vary from one part of the country to another). I needed to change some light fittings and switches and plug sockets, and also I think it's called %26quot;Residual Current Circuit Breaker%26quot; and the guy has just given me a bill (he has done only part of the job so far) where he is estimating the changing of each light fitting 40 and each light switch and each socket 30, and to change the RCCB is 70 - I think it's way too much as there are quite a few of them and he didn't just turn up to change one or two and waisted his time. Please let me know the rates for where you are and say which part of the country you live in. I cannot ask him to quote me hourly or daily rate as he comes and goes when he has time and I don't know how many hours he has already spent on it.

Thank you!What are the rates for electrician in UK?To help you, B%26amp;Q have a rate of 65 quid plus 10 quid per additional switch or socket. I think that is a bit cheap if there are a number of them to do..



Light switch swaps you should get through 2-3 an hour unless there are a lot of connection. Socket swaps can take longer.



RCCBs are not cheap. Probably 40 quid (depending on Brand). Not sure why you are replacing it though. Swapsies do not require any upgrading a Main switch to RCCB (even under 17th edition).



I think he's probably overcharging by 50% on the lights %26amp; sockets (If you are buying the replacements) but the RCCB is about right.What are the rates for electrician in UK?I live inKent. We charge 30 per hour labour, plus the price of materials and then v.a.t. Your prices sound a bit steep i e the sockets each and the switches. I hope hes an NICEIC or ECA approved electrician.What are the rates for electrician in UK?not a clue what those L 30/L40s mean, but 4 a job like that i charge $35. per hour. i'll do 7/8 switches- outlets in an hour. light fictures take more time. maybe 2/3. an hourWhat are the rates for electrician in UK?You should have got an all in quote for the job, then he must stick to the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment