Monday, September 19, 2011

Dash and radio lights don't work (only at night) on my 1998 Oldsmobile intrigue, how can I fix this problem?

Only the lights behind the speedometer and radio do not work (engine lights work fine). During the day these same lights are clearly visible and there is no apparent problem. I have checked the fuses and they were all working properly. This all happened randomly and I have no idea why its doing this. It's frustrating because I cant see how fast I'm going at night and due to the gear changing light being on the same set up as the speedometer, I cant easily discern which gear I'm switching to. I don't want to take it in to a mechanic because I feel like the cost of finding the problem might become more then the car is worth.



Thank you for any help you can offer!Dash and radio lights don't work (only at night) on my 1998 Oldsmobile intrigue, how can I fix this problem?Have you checked to make sure the dimmer switch is not turned down all the way or turned off? Usually it's a rotational type switch on the turn signal lever or a dial on the dash.



If that's not it, then you probably have some burned out bulbs. The bulbs cost a couple bucks, but replacing them is a task. Some you can reach from behind, some you have to remove the instrument cluster. It shouldn't cost too much to have a mechanic do it for you.Dash and radio lights don't work (only at night) on my 1998 Oldsmobile intrigue, how can I fix this problem?maybe you should take it to a mechanic?

No comments:

Post a Comment