Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I fix a light that is out in my bathroom?

I have an overhead light fixture in my bathroom that has a fan installed with it. The light wasn't turning on one day so I changed the light bulb to a brand new one, which did not work. I checked the breakers which were all on. The fan will go on but the light wont... any suggestions on how to fix this? If it helps...even though the fan and light bulb are in the same fixture they have seperate on/off switches.How do I fix a light that is out in my bathroom?One of three problems are most likely.



1: you have a loose wire in the fixture.

2: The wall switch is bad.

3: The bulb socket is bad.



Check the wires first. If you remove the fan/light cover, you should see a small box that has the fan plugged into it. There is a screw that keeps that box closed. Remove the screw and look for the wires that go to the light. Check that they are securely attached to the wires coming in the box.

If you have a voltage tester, this would be a good time to see if you have power coming to that point. If you turn the light switch on and you don't get a reading, the switch is bad, if you do, and the wires are securely connected, the bulb socket might be bad.How do I fix a light that is out in my bathroom?Replace the light socket on the fan, if that does not work replace the switch in the wall, if that does not work call an electricianHow do I fix a light that is out in my bathroom?check the switch for the light it might be defective.How do I fix a light that is out in my bathroom?It's either the switch or a connection inside the fan, or if someone retrofitted the second switch, they might've extended a ground fault interrupter (GFI) outlet to obtain power - occasionally those trip and cause mysterious, seemingly unrelated problems. Press the %26quot;Reset%26quot; button on any nearby GFIs. How do I fix a light that is out in my bathroom?To add to the rest of your answers. The first thing you should do is make sure the new bulb is good. If so, take the cover off the fan and there will be two plugs on it. Make sure they are both plugged in all the way. Maybe even unplug them and plug them back in.Still not working? There is access to the wires also,you should check the joint in the fan.....Hope I could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment