Monday, September 19, 2011

Took Ceiling Fan Down; How Do I Wire This Light Fixture in It's Place?

I took the ceiling fan down in our daughter's room and replaced it with a regular light fixture. The ceiling junction box has a copper ground wire, black wire, white wire and a pink wire.



I connected the ground, black and white wires from the ceiling to the light fixture like I normally do when changing out a light, but the light won't come on when I flip the switch. I put in a brand new bulb to ensure that wasn't the problem but it still wouldn't turn on, and I also made sure to strip the wires an inch before installing to get a tight connection. Any electricians out there that know where I went wrong and how I should fix this? This isn't my first light fixture, but it's the first one I've done where the pink wire from a ceiling fan connection was present.



Also, I have already tried connecting the pink to black in case the pink was the hot wire, but it still doesn't work.Took Ceiling Fan Down; How Do I Wire This Light Fixture in It's Place?If noone answers you and you have a voltage tester, try white to black, white to pink, pink to black until you get 120V. If its on a dimmer switch, the switch might be bad. Try changing that out with a regular light switch and just use the white and black and leave the pink off the switch. Good luck....I surly won't get best answer for this answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment