Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I wire a fan light combo to a timer?

currently I have an over under double switch controlling my fan and light combo in the same gang there is a gfci double plug. I bought a timer switch to change out the over under switch. there is a 12/2 wire and a 12/3 wire in the gang. the timer only has 2 wires out from it. I hooked all copper ground together all white together and all black and red together on timer. when I turned power on the light and fan were on while in the off position and when I turned it to the on position it blew the circut breaker.How do I wire a fan light combo to a timer?try this......whites to whites. except the timer.grounds to grounds........black and red from fan/lite to black of timer.......white of timer to black main feed........e-mail me and let me know asap. i'm curious....leelevesquejr@yahoo.comHow do I wire a fan light combo to a timer?I don't understand the Post..completely..

But it seems you need a separate switch for the FAN..

You need a Double-plate..that uses a Timer..ON-OFF/ON-OFF/Timer-ON/OFF

No comments:

Post a Comment