Monday, October 24, 2011

Got car serviced - my working, clean, lighter adaptor has changed into a dirty u/s one. What can I do?

How can I prove that someone in the garage has switched it? Has this happened to anyone else?Got car serviced - my working, clean, lighter adaptor has changed into a dirty u/s one. What can I do?Complain to the shop and complain to whatever agency that regulates them.



You're lucky it was only a lighter. I once had my brakes serviced and noticed that the digital clock in the car was off. They had switched batteries.



Now, I mark my battery and if I leave the car, like I did that one time, check the battery before leaving the lot.Got car serviced - my working, clean, lighter adaptor has changed into a dirty u/s one. What can I do?All you can do is complain. They should be able to tell who worked on your car from your invoice. The mechanic has to either initial it or sign it. Then I guess go from there.Got car serviced - my working, clean, lighter adaptor has changed into a dirty u/s one. What can I do?complainGot car serviced - my working, clean, lighter adaptor has changed into a dirty u/s one. What can I do?phone up mention solicitor,trading standard's(u.k.) and obvious bad press and publicityGot car serviced - my working, clean, lighter adaptor has changed into a dirty u/s one. What can I do?Could it be that the guy doing the service just used the lighter, instead of swapping it out? If you think that someone switched lighters on you, then complain. I doubt if it will do any good, since it is your word against his, so to speak.

but since we are only talking about $10 or so, they may give you a new one just to shut you up and make you happy. good luck.Got car serviced - my working, clean, lighter adaptor has changed into a dirty u/s one. What can I do?Cheeky buggers. Complain! And make a real fuss of it. Hopefully it will be enough to make them change it for you.Got car serviced - my working, clean, lighter adaptor has changed into a dirty u/s one. What can I do?Tell the garage about this and if they care about their customers they will sort it out, because they should realise that it will make a big difference to you and it will be easy for them to sort out.



Try not to approach them in a confrontational manner and I'm sure they will fix the problem. If they don't then, in a dignified manner, let them know that they will lose your custom. Chances are that the same mechanic may have a habit and other car owners may have also complained.



If they still don't budge then you know what to do. Switch damnit!

No comments:

Post a Comment