Thursday, June 2, 2011

How to change ignition switch in '95 Buick Century?

My car has no power at all. I have dome light, but nothing at the ignition. I have a new battery, alternator %26amp; my starter is good. I guess the ign. switch would be my next thing. But, I don't really know how to put a new one on. Please help!!How to change ignition switch in '95 Buick Century?Replacing the ignition switch is fairly simple, but you need to check that the actuator rod has not come out of yours. It is located on top of the steering column under the dash. The steering column may need to be unbolted and lowered to get to it. That's where the repair gets complicated because there are several things that need to be disconnected first. I suggest you purchase a service manual for your car that explains how to replace the switch.How to change ignition switch in '95 Buick Century?does the ignition key have little black chip on it ,if so that is your problem.....so do u have headlights,and when u turn the key ,u have nothing ,but do u have guage lights.......it is your chip

No comments:

Post a Comment