Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I change the on/off positions of a single switch on a lightswitch?

I want to switch the on/off position of a light switch. I've been told I can unscrew it and put it upside down but I want the other switch to stay the same. How do I go about doing this?How do I change the on/off positions of a single switch on a lightswitch?turn it pside down there's . there is no right way .its what you want..single pole either way. 65How do I change the on/off positions of a single switch on a lightswitch?Sometimes lightswitches have 3 terminals per switch, a common in and 2 %26quot;outputs%26quot;. The outputs are usually close together. If it's like that, remove the wire from the output terminal that it is in and put it in the other one.How do I change the on/off positions of a single switch on a lightswitch?First your going to want to shut off the power if you don't know what breaker the room is, flip the main breaker off. Make sure you do this during the day so you have light to work. Once the power is off remove the cover screws (one on top and bottom of ever switch) With the cover removed unscrew the switch in question (again 2 screws per switch) and turn it 180 degrees then screw the switch back in, replace the cover, and turn the breaker on. Good luck!How do I change the on/off positions of a single switch on a lightswitch?Take it out, turn it upside down and put it back in.



If that doesn't work for you, you can reverse the wire positions and leave the switch in its current orientation.



Make sure you turn off the breaker for that circuit before you start removing switches and wires. Shock hazard.How do I change the on/off positions of a single switch on a lightswitch?turn it up side down.no problem.BUT if it is a mercury switch.it will not work up side down.if the switch it self has top stamped on it.you must make that the top.good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment