Thursday, June 2, 2011

How can I fix a dodgy bathroom light switch?

I have a pull cord light switch in my bathroom, recently it has decided to only work once a day in the morning. The light will come on when the cord is pulled in the morning but then when I switch it off again it will not work for the rest of the day but will come on again when pulled the next morning! It has been like this for the past 4 days. The cord still pulls and makes the clicking noise like it's working but no light. I have tried changing the bulb to a new one and to lower voltage but it was no help. What do you think the problem could be and how can I fix it? Thank You!How can I fix a dodgy bathroom light switch?Sounds like the contacts in the switch have gone bad....Its a simple task to replace it.......make sure the electricity is off before you do it.How can I fix a dodgy bathroom light switch?Replace the switch with a new one.How can I fix a dodgy bathroom light switch?Do not waste your priceless time go buy it $2.95 Home depot and change it .Othewise it could be firehazard.It is something to do with overheating in mechanism.How can I fix a dodgy bathroom light switch?Change the switch.Most DIY stores will stock them. Make sure the power is off at the fusebox before starting work.Usually quite a simple job.How can I fix a dodgy bathroom light switch?for health and safety alone replace the fitting ,it could lead to blown fuses or worst , sparks from dangerous fitting could cause fire .Have you an extractor fan in the bathroom as dampness can cause this problem ?How can I fix a dodgy bathroom light switch?I had a similar problem. Managed to take it apart and clean the contacts. Working fine now.

Make sure you turn of the power at the fuse box before attempting this repairHow can I fix a dodgy bathroom light switch?renew the switch its an easy job not expensive if the contacts have gone and you clean them only to have the same trouble in a little while

make sure the power is off before you startHow can I fix a dodgy bathroom light switch?it may not be the pull switch ,it could be the light fitting.You need to check continuity of circuit,i would suggest a qualified sparky takes alook,this is not a job to tackle if you are not competent

No comments:

Post a Comment