Thursday, June 2, 2011

How to Change an electrical switch?

I changed some regular light switchs to some dimmer switchs and now two outlet plugs in one room don't work. Also in another room one outlet plug does not work. And last I have a pourch in witch the lights dont work. But everey thing else in my house works. The things that don't work don't seem to have anything in common. please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111How to Change an electrical switch?They do have something in common - they're likely wired in series to your breaker box where the first in the series is your dimmer switches (if they work). You're going to have to calculate the load on the particular circuit you have to make sure you can run everything on that particular circuit. if you can you'll have to double check your wiring, and I would suggest you check your ground lead with an ohm-meter.

No comments:

Post a Comment