Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How do I wire a bathroom light switch (pull cord)?

I need to change my bathroom light switch from a wall mounted one to a ceiling pull switch type. I have a live, neutral, and earth wire going to the existing switch. The new switch has terminals for %26quot;supply%26quot; and %26quot;load%26quot;, both with live and neutral. What do I do?How do I wire a bathroom light switch (pull cord)?if you have a black,white and copper in the switch then the switch is poweredin the light so you can unhook the wire going to the switch and not use it. it will be dead when you unhook it from where the light is. then hook what wires are left up to the supply terminals and then you can use your pull chain. hope this was helpfulHow do I wire a bathroom light switch (pull cord)?That may be against code if it's reachable from the tub. With a metal chain, I'd advise against it.



On any switch, it's the hot wire that is switched and never the neutral. The reason being is that if the neutral is switched, the light can be off yet a live wire is still there and if you somehow ground yourself while touching a live wire electrocution can result.
  • feel parents advice with
  • php hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment