Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How do I change a brake light switch on a 2003 Dodge Neon SXT?

I an getting a check engine light, took the car to Auto zone and they used a code reader which said that there was a problem with the brake light switch sensor, so I bought one there (only $15). Now I am wondering if it's just something I can literally pull out the old one and place the new one in. It looks like a plug. Any help?How do I change a brake light switch on a 2003 Dodge Neon SXT?it mounts down by the brake pedal arm and if you,ll carefully watch how the old one comes off you can install the new one your self,but it may have to be adjusted once its on,so watch carefully how you remove the old one,and go from there with it,good luck.How do I change a brake light switch on a 2003 Dodge Neon SXT?your welcome and i wish you the best of luck on it,you can do this one,and save a repair bill on it,have a good holiday season.

Report Abuse

How do I change a brake light switch on a 2003 Dodge Neon SXT?Yes, it's on the brake pedal arm mount. If you look under the dash, you can see it, there are two wires going to it.



When I do work like this, I take the front seat out so I can lay down to do any work under there because I'm a tall guy and not as flexible as I used to be.



If you are not mechanically inclined, have a friend do it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment